I. PHOTO →
Newborn + Babies
& tips on how to prepare for your session
NEWBORN & Baby Photography
The greatest honor and complement comes from past clients who continue to invite us into their lives long after the wedding day has passed. Our clients become part of our extended Femina family and we love the opportunity to photograph them as their own family grows. And of course we love welcoming new portrait clients into our family as well! It’s a very special time in a young couple’s lives and we want to be there to capture it all – the excitement, the nervousness, the newness and most of all, the special bond with your precious little one.
Our Newborn & Baby Sessions take place in the comfort of your own home, where your baby is most comfortable with his/her surroundings. Newborn Sessions are most successful within the baby’s first 14 days from arrival, when they are less alert and still very sleepy. Past the 14-day period, babies become more alert, so at that point our sessions adapt to your baby’s needs. For both Newborn and Baby Sessions, our photography sessions are a beautiful blend of lifestyle and posed portraits. Every family and baby is different, so feel free to communicate your goals for your session with us so we can deliver the perfect documentation for this precious time in your lives!
- “Newborn” Sessions are best when photographed within 14 days of arrival
- To avoid blotchy skin, heat your home 5+ degrees warmer than usual
- Have PLENTY of plush blankets, washcloths and socks on hand
- Props such as woven baskets are a plus for posed shots
- If you have a sound machine, have it readily available
- Schedule your feeding at the start time of your session
- Sessions can be 1-3 hours in length, so be sure to plan accordingly
- Take a break! We’ll do all the work and tend to your baby’s needs :)